Review: CLIO Kill Cover Highest Wear Foundation



I've been hunting for a new foundation for a loooong time and came across this foundation from CLIO called Kill Cover. CLIO is a Korean cosmetics brand and have a wide range of make up for sale, you can find their full range here

This foundation comes in 6 supposed shades but I've only ever seen 3 of these shades being sold - Lingerie (2-BP), Linen (3-BY) and Ginger (4-BO), so yeah, not much choice. They're all really light shades so in terms of having a variety to suit skin shades is a bit disappointing. Lingerie is described as a rose beige, Linen is a yellow-toned natural beige and Ginger is a yellow-toned beige again but slightly darker than Linen with a bit of red in it. 

I decided to go for Linen as my skin tone is pretty neutral and on the yellow side and here's what I think:

Consistency

The consistency of this foundation is slightly more watery than other foundations, it applies well on the skin and doesn't leave a cakey finish.

Coverage

If you're looking for a foundation with high coverage, this isn't the foundation for you. I find this foundation to be a light-medium coverage. I had a couple of pimple scars and fresh pimples that didn't really cover up after applying this foundation. It makes pimple-less skin look amazingly healthy though with a slight dewy finish (not as dewy as BB cream of course).

Colour

The colour of this foundation is definitely NOT true to the colour chart out there. If possible, you should definitely try a tester before buying (you should be doing that anyway). For me, these shades in general fell a little pale for me but it does oxidise and should be used without primer for best results. Linen was closest to my skin colour as Ginger tended to be very similar to Linen but with a warmer tone to it. 

I first applied this using a foundation brush and I looked super pale even when topped with a powder to set the foundation (I was like, ghostly). Second time round, I applied this foundation using my fingers and with generally less product and it oxidised to fit my skin tone perfectly. I think as this foundation is generally on the more watery side and isn't as thick as other foundations out there, applying using your fingers is better than using a brush.

Feel

This foundation felt super light on my face, I didn't feel like I was wearing foundation at all. However, if you have dry skin, be wary - this foundation does everything it can to emphasise the dry flaky areas of your face. As this foundation is watery rather than creamy and thick, it sits dry on the face and therefore any dry patches will be exposed. I would recommend using a good day cream before applying this foundation to prevent flakyness. Otherwise, this foundation feels great on the face. 

Wear

When this foundation says highest wear, it really does mean highest wear. The foundation stays on all day and doesn't really need topping up. I find that because it is quite a dry foundation, it doesn't need much oil control throughout the day. It also stays matte for a long time, I only found myself looking ever so slightly oily right towards the end of the day. 

Cost

In terms of cost, this foundation isn't cheap. It costs around £20 which is not as expensive as brands like MAC or Nars but not as cheap as drugstore foundation. I think it's pretty good value for money considering I only wear foundation on weekends and BB cream during the working week. Though that being said, I hope there'll be more variety in shades in the future as the current line up is very limited with all shades being uber pale. Overall, I don't think I'd buy this foundation again as I'd probably rather splash an extra £12 and buy Nars instead. This foundation for me is quite situational as if I had dry skin - I wouldn't be able to use it, if I tanned on holiday - I wouldn't be able to use it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment