Review: Liz Earle - Hot Cloth Cleanse and Polish, Toner and Moisturiser


Hiiii! Sorry I've been a bit MIA in the last couple of months, I didn't really have much going on in life to review or blog about but I'm excited to be trying out a lot of new products now so I will have stuff to blog about! 

I've had quite a change in my skincare routine, having used Cetaphil for a number of years, I switched over to Liz Earle after having being gifted a cleanse and polish set as a pressie from a dear friend. Even using it for the first time, miracles started happening to my skin, for one, my colleagues at work noticed it the next day after I started the Cleanse and Polish process so I thought I'd do a little review of my experience using the products that are part of the Cleanse and Polish routine. 

The Cleanser

The cleanser is definitely my favourite product, it's different to your conventional cleansers, it's not a foaming or milky cleanser - it's a cream-like cleanser that you apply onto dry skin, yes dry skin. You squeeze out some of the product from the pump, apply it onto your face and massage in circle motions. I massage it in until it pretty much dries on my face. Then you get the muslin cloth that comes with the product, rinse it and wipe off the product. That's pretty much how you use it. 

The smell of this product is amazing, it's a fresh, rosemary like smell - it did take a while for me to get used to it but every morning I find myself loving the smell whilst I wash my face. After using the product, I feel that I've had less spots / redness, my face feels cleaner, softer and smoother in general. I find that the product gives a nice dewy glow to your skin which I find great when paired with my BB cream for that extra dewy complexion. 

The Toner

The toner comes after the cleanser, it helps tighten up those pores and helps control oil production in the face. 

I really love this toner, I can't compare it to anything else because being the lazy person I am, I've never actually used toner as part of my skincare routine before. I really feel like using this toner has controlled the oil production in my skin throughout the day well - I usually get quite greasy around the t-zone towards the end of the day but this seemed to go away ever since I started using this toner. 

The Moisturiser

Depending on what your skin type is you might get a different moisturiser. I have the oily / combination set so I was given the light moisturiser which comes in a pump tube (not in the picture). I think in terms of fragrance, this one is one I enjoy the least out of the 3 products, it's supposed to be of borage and avocado oil but it just smells... funky and sort of lingers on your skin. I only use this moisturiser as a primer base for foundation or not at all if I plan to use BB cream as the BB cream serves as a cream itself without the Liz Earle moisturiser. 

It is a nice light moisturiser however and feels silky and smooth on the skin. I really like everything about it except the fragrance probably. 

Would definitely buy all 3 again, it's changed my skincare routine for the better! I bought the set for £45 but each one comes individually as well on their website as well as in most large Boots stores. 


No comments:

Post a Comment