Review: Got2Be Oil-Licious Tame & Shine Styling Oil


Picked up this little bottle of hair oil as part of an offer at Boots. I must say, I was skeptical because I usually use overpriced hair oil products to tame my dry ends but I thought I may as well give this a try as it was free! It contains Argan oil which is enriched with Vitamin E and used to nourish dry and damaged hair - this isn't pure Argan oil but it contains some which is better than nothing I guess!

The instructions say you can use this product pre-washing, pre-styling or just when your hair is dry. My personal preference for using hair oil is always after blow drying, my hair tends to get a bit dry at the ends after using a hairdryer as my hair is subject to much heat abuse through straighteners and the dryer.

For the price this product is normally sold at, I'd say it's a pretty decent hair oil! The fragrance is one of the best things about the product, it smells sweet and fresh and just adds that much more to your hair after washing. It's quite greasy but not greasy enough that you need to wash your hands everytime after applying. Does it do what it claims to do? Yes, it's a great product that moisturises your hair when you need it and the small sized bottle makes it perfect to bring around in your handbag especially if you're on holiday and your hair gets a bit dry from heat/sea water. The pump bottle with a cap is also a great design, you can control how much you need when you need it.

One of the downsides to me is that it doesn't really stay on your hair that long, it keeps my hair moisturised after drying before bed but when I wake up, my ends feel quite dry again. I guess that's why it says on the bottle 'for daily use'. But for something that's used daily, I think the bottle needs to be a bit larger in size!

I'd definitely buy this product again, it's a much cheaper alternative to pure Argan oil/other professional hair oils, except you'll need to use it daily to keep your hair tame. It's the perfect summer holiday product for hair that gets frizzy and out of control very easily.


No comments:

Post a Comment