Review: Simple Illuminating Radiance Cream


I haven't done a review in a while because I've been so snowed under with work and catching up on sleep! Legit excuse, I swear. 

I bought this product a while back when it came out, I was slightly conscious of the whole 'illuminating' and 'radiance' marketing because that usually means it might contain sparkly stuff in it like a similar 'radiant' BB cream that I bought once. Usually, I stay away from these products because I don't want to look like a vampire from Twilight with sparkly skin in the daylight but actually, this product isn't as sparkly as I thought it would be. 

Texture-wise, it's really light and smooth, exactly like cream except it's of a beige colour rather than white. In comparison to the Simple Light Moisturiser I use daily, this one is slightly thicker but still manages to absorb well into my skin. A little goes a long way so I only needed to pump about 3 times to cover my whole face - a pump is pretty small, about a pea sized amount. It's not sticky at all as is exactly as it's advertised - a light, odourless moisturiser

Appearance-wise, it's not noticeably sparkly but when exposed to white light, you can subtly see some sparkly bits. It doesn't make me look greasy either and stayed on my face the whole day, keeping dry patches well hydrated throughout.  

I probably wouldn't use this product under make up as it may look excessive when you pile BB cream/foundation over it but it'll definitely be a part of my skincare on days where I'm not wearing make up! I feel it's a great substitute for make up on dress down days as you don't have to take it off and it does make your skin look brighter and healthier. 

I'd definitely buy this cream again once mine runs out, the packing is beautiful and the pump bottle gives it a much more luxurious feel compared to other Simple creams. The pricing is slightly high for a 50ml cream (£7.99) but it does do wonders to my skin and a little goes a very long way, I'm expecting mine to last a while before I need to replenish my stock! 


No comments:

Post a Comment