Review: Nivea Fruity Shine Cherry Lip Balm



For some reason Vaseline isn't doing it for me this winter, maybe it's the wind or the heating in the office but my lips just won't hold moisture and are constantly flaking. So on my lunch break at work today, I went to hunt for something stronger and meant to pick up the Blistex Relief Cream but instead Nivea's Fruity Shine range caught my eye. 
The range comes in 6 yummy scents/colours at the moment: Peach, Watermelon, Cherry, Strawberry, Pink Guava and Pomegranate. I don't own a tinted lip balm yet so I thought I'd try out the cherry one for starters, the Cherry, Strawberry and Pomegranate ones look quite similar in colour so I assume they give the same sort of tint to your lips. I've always been a fan of all things cherry-ish so this one was the obvious choice for me. 

I was quite surprised when I opened the lip balm to use, the stick is really red, looks almost like a standard red lipstick. Surprisingly, the colour - not so much, it gives just about the right amount of tint without making your lips look like you're wearing lipstick. Also gives that shimmery look without feeling overly greasy like Vaseline. What I particularly like about this balm is that it doesn't feel too waxy like most stick balms I've used before (I'm looking at chapstick on this one...), the stick glides smoothly onto your lips without making the dry areas look obvious. 

The scent is gorgeous, doesn't have that waxy smell that some scented lip balms give off. It also does well to lock in moisture and help re-hydrate dry areas, my flaking was gone by the end of the day! I've only applied this 3 times today and already my lips feel smoother. 

Would definitely recommend this lip balm to anyone looking for something stronger than Vaseline. Of course, the Blistex Relief Cream would be my best bet for really dry and sore lips but since my lips weren't really at that point yet, this was a good choice of purchase! Only £1.66 at Superdrugs for now!  


No comments:

Post a Comment