Review: Baviphat Lemon Whitening Sleeping Pack


Gaaaah. First of all, can I just say sorry for being such a bad blogger. I've just been inactive as I've been settling into my new job, relaxing when I can and general project duties. I'll make another blog post about these soon-ish but I just wanted to do a review on this uh-may-zing product I've been using recently. 

So if you've been reading my blog, I reviewed the Strawberry Toxifying mask from this range back in November and I'm back again to review this Lemon Sleeping Pack as I bought a set of these Baviphat skincare products. This sleeping pack claims to be rich in Vitamin C and lemon extract to suppress melanin production and hyper-pigmentation of the skin. Also contains Arbutin (one of my favourite mask ingredients), which helps whiten the skin and even out skin tone. So in a nut-shell this mask is perfect for anyone with acne scars or uneven/dull skin tones. 

Texture/Appearance
I was a tiny bit surprised by the texture of this mask, it's pretty runny (for a "mask") and is of a creamy colour. The texture feels a bit sticky on application and doesn't feel very thick so it might seem like it's not really adding anything to your face. But for me, that's a good thing as my face gets quite greasy overnight so anything thick would probably clog my pores and make me break out. Overall, the texture is pretty smooth and applies on colourless, just a bit sticky though. 

Fragrance
As the product is named, this sleeping pack has a lemon fragrance. It's pretty strong but in a pleasant way and not in an overpowering way. The scent seems really fresh to me and I quite like it! Smells very natural and has no bad chemical smells to it. It eventually fades off after a while when the pack gets absorbed by the skin which is nice when you're falling asleep. 

Ease of use
Again, this product comes with a tiny spoon for hygiene purposes but unlike the strawberry mask, I feel that this mask is a lot harder to 'scoop' from the pot using the spoon due to its consistency. I've ended up shaking the pot and just scooping the mask off the plastic lid with my finger to be more efficient rather than use the spoon. 

But other than that, the mask is easily absorbed into the skin without much massaging to be done. Also a unique property of this mask is that it doesn't require a rinse when you wake up so it's quite convenient if you're travelling (though, I don't know anyone that doesn't wash their face when they wake up... Just saying.). Just a note for anyone wanting to sleep straight away after applying - you might want to wait 10 minutes before plonking your head down on your pillow as it tends to leave your face feeling sticky for a while until the mask is absorbed into the skin. 

Results
The most important part - does it work? I've only used this product a few times and I must say, it works wonders for spot scars, even more so than the cheap aloe vera gel I reviewed previously. I've actually been applying the mask frequently (despite directions saying once or twice a week) and it definitely fades dark scars the best. Not too sure about the whitening effects though, I feel like my complexion is still the same after use so no comment there. But I feel like the lemon extract and Vitamin C combinations in this mask work very well together, it makes me think of the bleaching effects of lemon juice but maybe not as strong. 

Overall, this mask is great for anyone looking for a convenient, easy to use, natural smelling sleeping pack. I've suddenly become a huge fan of sleeping packs because they aid restoration of your skin whilst you sleep which is brilliant, you wake up to nice skin without having to do much apart from sleep! So I'd definitely recommend this one. It's definitely a lot less work than the Strawberry Toxifying mask (sometimes clay masks are stubborn and take a long time to wash off completely = inconvenience) and can be used anytime during the week as it doesn't really dry your face out if overused either. 

100% recommend, even better if used alongside the Strawberry Toxifying mask during the week. Wouldn't recommend it to be plastered over existing spots though, better to use the toxifying mask or other deep cleansing masks to solve the spot problems before you applying this one. I'd say this mask is more of a acne scar eraser more than a skin maintainer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment