Mid Season Must-Haves


Trench Coat
I love my trench coat, it's perfect for the windy, often-rainy and cold autumn. It's definitely worth investing in a good trench coat (£70+) that can keep you warm as well as dry. A real trench coat should be thick and reasonably heavy to serve its purpose!

Thick Wooly Scarf
You can never go wrong with buying a thick wooly scarf for the autumn/winter. I bought one in grey from H&M for £9.99 recently to compliment my light coloured clothes and it's amazingly soft and warm. Doesn't have to be expensive, just make sure it keeps you warm from cold winds! I steer away from snoods/tube scarves now because I realised although they may look stylish, they tend to leave your neck exposed after they stretch out. 

Super Stretch Trousers
I just realised they look a bit like leggings in the picture... Anyway, I'm usually a leggings girl but these super stretch trousers from H&M have quickly become a favourite. They're thicker than leggings so they keep my legs warmer, plus they provide the same comfort as leggings! You can style them the same as leggings because they look very similar which is a bonus. I like to wear military boots with these for a dressed down look. 

Sweater
Continuing on that dressing down point, I discovered a new found love for sweaters. Perfect for a dressed down look outside and at home. I prefer oversized sweaters because they provide more comfort and you can team them with leggings/jeggings. I love plain ones as well as ones with slogans/designs! 

UGG Boots
A definite must have for autumn - despite the scary price tag, they are definitely worth the investment. Autumn seems to be the only time I can wear these out anyway since you cannot wear these in the rain/snow. Authentic UGGs are super comfortable, I was skeptical about how wonderful sheep wool really is until I bought my first pair and just wanted to wear them everywhere even around the house. UGGs are also very easy to style and practically go with anything, I like to style them with leggings/jeggings and sometimes shorts with tights. Look after these well and they will last you years before you need a new pair.  


No comments:

Post a Comment