November Loves: Schwarzkopf Color Freeze Purple Shampoo


With my new hair colour comes a plethora of different products to help care for my unnatural blonde hair. Bottle blondes will know what I mean - yes, purple shampoo is one of them. It's also called 'silver shampoo' by some brand names but I'm going to call it what it actually is - purple shampoo! 

Recommended by my hairdresser friend, purple shampoo is almost an essential for anyone with freshly dyed blonde locks to combat the brassy-ness that comes over time through using regular shampoo. 

The one I've gone for is Schwarzkopf BC Freeze Shampoo in 1000ml, it's a purple shampoo (even though it's labelled silver shampoo) with a thick consistency slightly different to what you'd have in your regular shampoo. The smell of this product is great and it doesn't dry your hair out as I've read with other purple shampoos. It leaves your hair feeling soft, smelling great and removing all tones of brassy-ness. 

I use this product every other time I wash my hair. You don't need a lot of it either, I see some videos using tonnes of this product to cover the entire head, I just use it like normal shampoo, lather it up and leave it on my head for about 3-5 minutes then rinse. I haven't used any other brand before so in terms of it not lathering up like regular shampoo, this particular one really does lather up nicely which I really like. My colleague at work warned me before it doesn't lather properly so my worry there was that it wouldn't clean my hair thoroughly but this one really does! 

One bottle will last you a loooong time, especially if your hair is around the same length as mine. You're using it every other wash plus it's a massive 1000ml bottle, I think after using it for a month, it's barely made a dent in the weight of the bottle. It costs around £14.99 (more expensive than any other shampoo you might own) off Amazon but like I said, it'll probably last you a good number of months before you need another bottle so it's pretty good value for money. 


No comments:

Post a Comment