Review: Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner


Having heard so many great things about this eyeliner on top of it winning an award from teen Vogue, I thought that this would be the ultimate eyeliner I have been searching for. With a hefty (hefty to me anyway) price tag of £12, you'd think this eyeliner must be something worth buying. I've never heard of the brand Eyeko before so having missed the opportunity to nab one for free from Glamour one month, I decided to buy the Skinny Liquid Eyeliner to try it out.

I must say, to me, this eyeliner was rubbish. After you apply your bb cream/foundation/powder, it does not glide on nicely like it should. Instead you're there trying to apply it and re-apply it over and over to get a solid black line over your top lid. I mean, eventually you do get there but what I was expecting was something that would be pigmented enough to glide over base make-up without having to go over the same line again and again to achieve this. Also, if you're a liquid liner newbie, you might end up thickening the line instead - panda eyes anyone? 

However, despite the problem with application, I do like the nib on this eyeliner, I like how it's designed so you can easily control the thickness of the line. I would actually love this eyeliner if it was a bit more pigmented so it actually goes over base make-up. If you're considering trying liquid liner from Eyeko I'd also recommend the waterproof Eye Do Liquid Liner just because this skinny one rubs off way too easily for my liking. It could rain and you'd be missing a chunk of your eyeliner - not pretty.

In any case, I don't think I'll be re-purchasing another Eyeko liquid liner in the near future. I actually bought the Rimmel ScandalEyes Precision Micro Liner today instead to try out, guess I'm still hunting for my ideal liquid liner! 

No comments:

Post a Comment