October Loves: The Face Shop Green Tea Water


MY SKIN HAS BEEN SAVED!!!

When it comes to this time of the year, my skin takes a terrible turn for the worse because of the sudden change in weather. Those of you living in the UK will be pretty familiar with what I mean, temperatures take a dive and things get a lot colder and drier as well as the pollution from the city.

I bought this Green Tea Water from The Face Shop during my trip in NYC, shopping around Korea Town and hadn't really used it religiously until now, normally, I would give my face a rest from daily moisturiser over the weekend if I'm not going out. I tend to use a very light moisturiser to prime my face before applying make up.

The horrible weather change has given me bad (I mean bad) acne, I've got this patch on my face that won't go away, this BIG spot on the side of my nose that just keeps getting bigger... you get the idea. Not sure when the last time I had such bad acne was, I'm 24 now so I would've thought I was past those days. So I've decided to ditch my night creams (which were probably making it worse due to the oily nature of these creams) and my day cream and just use this face mist to moisturise my face day and night and my spots have actually gotten a lot better. I've been doing my detox masks a bit more frequently (I use the Baviphat Strawberry Deep Detox Mask) to help and I'm finally seeing some progress. 

I absolutely love this Green Tea Water, it makes my skin feel refreshed but moisturised at the same time especially after a shower. I wouldn't say it's a long term substitute for moisturiser but it's a very light alternative especially if you're like me and have very sensitive skin and pores that clog pretty easily in this type of weather.

I bought it in 120ml size but it also comes in smaller 60ml sizes which would be perfect for your handbag if you need a small top up throughout the day. The great thing about face mists are that you can use them on top of make up as well without ruining it so I would say it's definitely a handbag essential!



No comments:

Post a Comment