Review: Barry M - Speedy Quick Dry Nail Paints


I'm a self-confessed nail polish hoarder, I used to be obsessed with Nails Inc. polishes but quite recently I've come across these lovely colours by Barry M and decided to grab a few (as they were buy one get another half price at Boots!) to try out. I've never owned any nail polishes by Barry M before so this was a bit of risk buying so many at a time but these colours were just too good to pass - I'm a BIG sucker for pastel nail colours in general so why not!? 

First impressions of the colours available - woooow! Such pretty colours. They have various shades of pastels in this range of polishes and I struggled to choose which to buy. I ended up opting for 'Eat My Dust' - a lovely pastel grey-blue, 'Road Rage' - a beautiful soft mint green, 'Kiss Me Quick' - a pretty baby pink colour and 'In A Flash' - a nude-ish pink with hints of coral. As you can tell, the names of the shades are related to... speed! I love the design of the bottles too. 

After trying out the blue polish, I've instantly fallen in love with this range - the flat brush design is amazing, I feel like all polishes should have a flat brush - easy application, minimal mess and smudge - perfect. The usual complaint I have with pastel coloured polishes is that it takes about 3 coats to get a full coverage without streaks. I'm so glad that these were 2 coat polishes, I think I've finally found the perfect pastel polishes! The only exception is with the nude pink 'In A Flash', this one took 3 coats, I think I could've gotten away with 2 but 3 for a full coverage was needed which is a little on the downside but the other 3 were fine with just 2 coats. Generally, I use a base coat, 2 coats and a top coat for extra long lasting nails.

Finally, do they last? Yes! Absolutely. I wore the blue for a week and it didn't even chip by the end of the week, I like to change up my nail colour every week so I'm currently wearing the nude pink which has lasted for 3 days so far and so good! Overall, this polish is amazing, from the brush design to how long it lasts, it's a definite must buy again for me.

Short review but I just wanted to emphasise how amazing Barry M nail paints are! Can't wait to try their other nail paint lines. 


No comments:

Post a Comment